Tuesday, June 24, 2008

This photo caused a little controversy when exhibited. A guest at the gallery wanted to know why I took it and why I showed it. I told her because we see death every day and choose to ignore it...not just as individuals, but as a society. She asked if I took photos of rape, too. I laughed and told her look, it's not like I found the dog and took it around trying to find the best shot. It was there. I took the photo. It was a slice of time that stands as a metaphor for much more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hah! i still think this is a great photo! maybe you should do a series on murder, since you seem to photograph death so well...have you seen road to perdition...
anyways good luck on friday...sooo bummed im going to miss it!
but so great to catch up with you yesterday!